Malaysia plane search 'moving south'

Jun 20, 2014, 6:22 AM EDT
Co-Pilot and Flight Lieutenant Thomas Hofbrucker (R) looks out from a Royal Australian Airforce (RAAF) Orion as part of the RAAF No. 11 Squadron's search and rescue mission in the Australian Maritime Safety Authority-led search for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 on March 29, 2014 over the Southern Indian Ocean.
AFP/Handout

The next phase of the hunt for missing Malaysian jet MH370 will move hundreds of miles south, officials have said. The search will focus on an area 1,800km (1,100 miles) off the city of Perth, Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) chief Martin Dolan said. Nearby areas were previously surveyed from the air, but the undersea hunt was directed north after pings were heard. The jet vanished en route from Kuala Lumpur to Malaysia on 8 March with 239 passengers on board.
Background:
Malaysia MH370 jet hunt will move south, Australia says [BBC]
Malaysia jet search to shift south [Belfast Telegraph]

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE